Friday 10 June 2016

I notice her waiting there



I notice her waiting there
The evening now darkened
Making her mysterious
Just how could I approach this beauty?

I loved her nose and her eyes
That looked down as I neared
But I saw so much in her
Sweet soft flower blooming in the night

Respectfully I nodded
Together we caught the train
Sat close but said not a word
Our shoulders touch, sweet kiss from heaven

I could stay here for ever
But as my station approached
I rose to stand by the door
Now I find she is right behind me

I haven't seen you before
I say as we leave the train
She says that she's just moved here
Her sweet smile is such a precious gift

It has become quite dark now
Tell her I live up the hill
She nods then say quietly
Let's walk together in the moonlight

I couldn't believe my luck
You don't remember do you?
She says as the moon smiles down
You held my hand in kindergarten

Let me hold your hand again
Her smile is so enchanting
Places it mine laughing
If this is a dream I must not wake

Image found at www.123rf.com




11 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and romantic write robin :D you have created some really magical moments in this poem. Especially adore "She says as the moon smiles down.You held my hand in kindergarten.." Sigh.. beautifully executed, Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights and for your constant love and support.

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully told Robin, enjoyed this much that lovely touch of nostalgia and warmth. Enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. moonlight moments are sometimes as exquisite as this to be cherished forever....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! It is such good fortune that comes in a million years. Don't wake up from the dream Robin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly a dream to linger in - life can sometimes come full circle - like the passage of the moon

    ReplyDelete
  6. The moon is such a bringer of miracles... and of memories... and of realities.

    So sweet. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What enchantment under the moonlight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes reality is so lovely as to seem like a dream. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely YUMMY! Is it silly that it put a lump in my throat and a tear of happiness in my eye :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. "You held my hand in kindergarten - " The heart always remembers - wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet, what a wonderful chance to happen to two people, enjoyed it so much :-)

    ReplyDelete