Thursday 30 March 2017

Sorry it's my fault


"Sorry, it's my fault" she said getting out of her car to look at my dented rear end...of my car that is. At first I had been furious but my damage was slight and she continued to exchange details with me as other vehicles cautiously passed us by. 

We also exchanged telephone numbers and other details for insurance purposes. Just as I checked if I could still open the trunk, she bent down to pick up her license plate and others bits that were now lying on the road. 

As I watched I could see she was quite pretty and then the penny dropped (literally) as I had known her in junior high. "It's Penny Davis, isn't it" I exclaimed, now bending down to help her with a smile on my face then as she nodded she too recognised me "Looks like an expensive first date for us, doesn't it?"

Image found at www.hoffmannpersonalinjury.com


12 comments:

  1. It's happened ; relationships starting that way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the motoring equivalant of a pinch on the bum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never know what is going to precipitate a new beginning or in this case, a rekindling. I hope this story is autobiographical, because I think it just might be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no Val. However I was rear ended by a young female driver in a borrowed car about 18 months ago. She claimed it wasn't her fault even though I was stationary at a red light at the time!

      Delete
  4. How sweet! People that are meant to be together are often drawn into situations where their paths will cross, or in this case bump into one another! :-) Great story, Old Egg. We want a sequel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've given me a smile! Hope they at least renew their friendship, if not more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. * lol.... I just plain liked the story very ...invigorating Six!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The start of something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How utterly delightful! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete